Travel Diary - 2014 NSW road trip - Day 12 to 16 - Sydney

September 13, 2014  •  Leave a Comment

Well I am writing this blog now in retrospect after returning home as I didn't have chance while in Sydney.  I thought I'd write 1 blog about all that we got up to in Sydney.

This was the view of the sunrise when we first woke up in Sydney.  Chi and I had decided to head out photographing but we cancelled at 5am as he was tired and I was too.  Also, conditions looked poor.  In hindisght it was probably a good morning to head out photographing.

Later that day we walked around the CBD and Queen Victoria building.  I had an Adriano Zumbo pastry, Cecily admired the clock in QVB, and Harry played with a Guide Dog fundraising dog and looked at the train set in a shop window.

We headed over to Westfield where they had a make your own Magnum stand.

We then met up with Chi & Suzanne for lunch at Din Tai Fung.  Harry enjoyed playing outside while we waited for it to open.

Both Harry and Ava were well behaved. 

Chi took a family shot for us.


Harry really enjoyed the noodles but not so much the buns.

Later that afternoon we had to get the dryer in our unit repaired.

We went for a walk through Hyde Park on our way to Mrs MacQuaries chair to photograph sunset.

We took a few quick snaps of each other at sunset.

There were a few other photographers there also.

The next morning we walked around Circular Quay for ages to find a restaurant for breakfast.  We finally ended up at The Rocks cafe where Cecily had corn fritters and I had pancakes..

Harry enjoyed his jam and Vegemite on toast.

We then went for a walk in The Rocks and found some of these soccer tables.  The score was 1-1.

Cecily pretended to be in London in this phone booth.

We then walked down to Darling Harbour where we came across residents protesting about development.

We also saw this huge mirror on a development site. Once we were at Darling Harbour we came across some Navy ships, this huge blow up turtle and an area for Harry to have a run around.

Cecily went to the top of this lighthouse.

We then went to Adriano Zumbo's patisserie, had Gelati at Gelato Messina and watched people making dumplings at Din Tai Fung.

We came across this funky coffee shop called Antidote.  It served almond milk coffee so Cecily had one.  I had to get a cappucino also.

We then headed to the fish markets where we looked around at the produce and bought lunch there.

For dinner we made a lime and scallop salad with cous cous.

Harry enjoyed it!

The next day we headed out to Auburn to see the Cherry blossoms.  We were a week or two late and most were gone, but there were still some good trees in bloom.

We also saw a wombat there!

I headed out that afternoon to Cape Banks photographing with Jack Chauvel, meanwhile it would appear Harry played on the couch with his bunny and Cecily took a few photos of sunset from the room!

The next day we headed to Taronga Zoo on the ferry.

Our favourite animal was the giraffes.

Harry wanted to ride them!

Harry enjoyed the monkeys...

...and being a monkey!

We saw some other animals as well as a great view!

Cecily and Harry played on a playground there. 

Harry went backwards down the slide...

...but he loved it!

We met another Harry at the zoo...

... as well as an elephant that could kick a football and balance on two feet!

And that was our day at Taronga Zoo.

I headed out photographing the sunset at Observatory Hill that afternoon.

The next morning we headed to Bondi.  We had breakfast at a place called Trio.  The staff there were great and got Harry some toys to play with.

Cecily got the vegetarian breakfast add bacon and I got the big breakfast.  Harry had toast again (and bits of ours).

We then went for a walk around Bondi. 

We went to Aquabumps - a photography gallery and bought a small framed print. 

We then walked a bit more and took some photos around the ocean baths.

On our way home we went to Bondi Junction shopping center where they have heaps of shops dedicated to kids stores.  We bought Harry some clothes which he wore out that night to dinner at Hard Rock Cafe.

The next morning we had to pack up to leave Sydney.  I had to concentrate as we drove out of the CBD.

Cecily took some photos as we travelled over the Harbour Bridge.

We drove all the way to Brisbane on that day.  However, before we left Sydney we got one last chance to see another rainbow on this trip!


No comments posted.